Welcome to the Talk 2 website
What is Talk 2?
Talk 2 is open to all parents and carers in Glasgow. We offer support to help you feel prepared to talk with your children and teenagers about growing up, puberty, relationships and sexual health.
You are your child's first, and most important, teacher
- Children soak up messages all the time from the world around them e.g. friends, TV, music. They need you to help them make sense of these, often confusing, messages.
- If you are the main person to talk with your child about growing up, puberty, relationships and sexual health, they are more likely to feel positive about themselves. In the teenage years they are also more likely to delay getting involved in sexual activity, and to take better care of themselves when they do.
- This works best when you start talking with your children in the early years and continue through to the teenage years, rather than a 'one off' talk. What children need to understand is basic in the early years and increases as they grow up.
- Young people in Glasgow have told us they want to learn about relationships and sexual health from their parents.
- Parents in Glasgow have told us that they want to be more involved in educating their children about this topic, but many don't feel fully prepared.
- Find out what else parents told us