9-10 yrsQ How are children developing?
- By age 10 many girls will have started to go through puberty and will be experiencing physical development, feelings about physical changes and emotional ups and downs.
- Some girls will have started their periods. Although puberty usually starts a bit later for boys they will notice the changes to girls in their class.
- To explain the physical and emotional changes at puberty. Useful Booklets Recomended Books
- To have words to describe their sexual body parts and be able to explain their function. Books with useful suggestions
- To explain what periods are and how to deal with them Free booklet about Periods
- To help them understand about appropriate and inappropriate touch and what to do/ who to speak to. Useful website
- Age appropriate guidance on internet safety